Saturday, March 2, 2013

Failure of the Free-Will’ist

I have recently been dabbling in Apologetics, as I have mentioned. I have basically abandoned Apologetics, in favor of learning Eschatology. This does not mean I have lost all interest in Apologetics, and in fact I still regularly check out Apologetics web sites.

Though I caught a bit of an Arminian bent to the Christian Apologetics Research Ministry (CARM), I still visited pretty regularly when I had a few minutes to blow. The other day, I downloaded a couple audio files from them, consisting of debates between the host (Matt Slick) and atheists. If I may be so bold, Mr. Slick had his butt handed to him when it came to defending such basics as assurance of salvation, suffering in the world, etc. Apparently, the Arminian position has some trouble with such topics, as they worship a god who has no real power, rather who is waiting for his creatures to do something so he can respond.

The God I worship is powerful, leaving no doubts of His being in control of all things, small and great. The God I worship does not need me, nor anyone else to validate His decrees. In short, He is God whether I “accept it” or not.

If the topic of Apologetics interests you, might I suggest James White’s ministry at Alpha & Omega Ministries. Solid teaching there, allowing God to be the God of the bible, who needs nothing from us loathsome sinners, rather chooses to grant grace to some of us.

Could Lazarus Have Said No?

No comments:

Post a Comment