Sunday, March 3, 2013

Finally did it

After being warned repeatedly by teacher I respect, I broke down and watched a little TBN on TV. In less that 1/2 hour, I was witness to two different men who claim to be apostles. I was also treated to the notion that if I have faith enough, I can receive whatever it is that I pray for NOW! Of course, both of these entertainers were preaching at mega-churches, and both of them were wearing enough jewelry to buy a small island. And, of course, both were also offering to sell me a guide on how to name it and claim it. About 20 minutes into this, I could stand no more and turned the TV off.

You know, this sort of prosperity preaching begs a question: If all that is required for “the best life now” through faith, why did the true apostles ALL die horrible martyrs deaths?

On a brighter note, if the Lord wills and I live, I will soon receive a believer’s baptism. Of this I am excited beyond words. I was “baptized” as an infant (the sprinkling of water), but now wish to publicly and humbly proclaim my faith in Jesus before the church, and be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Praise be to the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment