Sunday, March 10, 2013

Perseverance of the Saints (TULIP)

As I have mentioned before, I regularly need to be re-grounded.Quite often, I return to the Doctrines of Grace, to reseat myself in basic truth.

I just started listening to the message again, this time by a speaker (MacArthur) who I had never heard this message preached by before. Unusual in his delivery, as he begins the message with the Perseverance of the Saints.

What a blessing this series is. Pastor MacArthur has solved one of the dilemmas I have struggled with: How in the world can I know that I will persevere? The answer: I won’t, I can’t. God’s mercy and grace is what will persevere! It’s not that because God's grace that I will find the strength to persevere, It is God’s grace, in giving me faith, that will endure.

I have spent a lot of energy worrying about my sometimes-fragile faith. How can I hope to sustain it till the end? Simple fact is that I can’t. Only God can. What a comfort!

God bless Pastor MacArthur for verbalizing this for me in a way that finally clicked. And thanks be to God for showing me this teacher.

God’s grace and peace unto you!

No comments:

Post a Comment