Sunday, February 24, 2013

Opportunities

At church today, I was allowed to read the Pastoral Text prior to the service. This is something, because a) I was trusted with the Word in a corporate worship, and b) I drove today to church thinking I would like to do this.

When I first started attending this church, there was a young man who would, each week, read the text the Pastor was to preach/teach on at the opening of the service. He stopped coming a short while ago, for reasons unknown to me. I do not know if he is going to return, or if he is just temporarily absent.

Anyway, today the Pastor was going to read the text, following his making weekly announcements. During the announcements, he cleared is throat several times, and today’s text was a bit long. Before reading it, he asked if one of us in the congregation would read. Not knowing if I would be allowed, as I am not a full member yet, I raised my hand and was asked to read.

I am humbled and honored that the Pastor would entrust the Word of God to me, as I am not yet officially a member of the body. I am stricken that all I had to do is wonder about it for a couple weeks, think consciously about it today, and was presented with the opportunity.

Thanks be to God, and may the Lord’s peace be with you if you are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment